Friday, August 19, 2011

A Little Bit of Catch-Up...

I'm ba-ack!  Did you miss me?  I missed you!

Life sometimes gets in the way of pursuing a passion.  And then, sometimes pursuing your passion puts other aspects of life on the back burner.

It's been over 6 months since my last post, and I'm SO ready to get back in the saddle!  Between kids, school and church events, family visits, illnesses, funerals, new babies, marriage, home repairs, starting a new business, laundry, and all-around nonstop one-thing-after-another, I've been fortunate to get ANY knitting done at all! 

The last couple of months have been a particularly creative time for me.  Friends' and family's life events have inspired me to design for them to comfort in times of loss and celebrate with them in times of joy.

A family member miscarried her baby this summer. Her loss hurt a lot. I felt the need to comfort her in some tangible way.  The following series of photos document the progress of my efforts.  Each and every time I picked up my knitting, I prayed that God would lend her peace and remind her that she would see her precious little boy again one day.  "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139)










Many friends had successful pregnancies, however.  I have a tradition of gifting hand-knit booties to new babies.  This time, I wanted to knit them seamlessly, so I set out to re-design an existing pattern.  The result looks a bit like this:










The pattern for these will be posted at Ravelry shortly.  Look for the Seamless Stay-Put Booties.

I will also be writing up the pattern for the prayer shawl and asking for test-knitters in the coming weeks.  If you'd like to test-knit for me, keep your eyes peeled at the Free Pattern Testers group, also at Ravelry.  My blog readers will get first notice of the test.

Until next time, Happy Knitting!

No comments: